Continuity of Care
Your advocate in the hospital
If you require hospitalization I can manage your care at Los Alamitos Medical Center or St. Mary Hospital in Long Beach. If you choose to go to another hospital, I will work closely with a hospitalist who knows how to get the best care for you at that hospital. I am there as your advocate and participate in the discharge planning.
Your advocate at home
Whether you reside at home, in assisted living, a rehabilitation facility, or a nursing home, I can coordinate your care and provide home medical care. I will arrange for home health, home lab draws, home basic x-rays, and therapies dependent upon your needs and insurance coverage for these services. My opting out of insurance plans does not affect any other aspects your insurance coverage offers.
If you belong to a managed care program (HMO) I will work with your assigned primary care provider (PCP) so you can get the authorizations needed for certain referrals or procedures. I will facilitate the contact with your assigned PCP so you don’t have to make the phone calls.
- Complete coordination of care with other specialists.
- Combine focused knowledge of your needs with an extensive review of the available literature and other sources of information
- 24×7 access – most calls returned within 2 hours or less.
- Complete physical and preoperative exams when needed
- Networking with community resources
- Home visits when indicated
- Monthly and acute care home visits available for additional fee