- Certified Hypnotherapist by the Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
- Certification Number: 42815481
- B.S. Telecommunications Management
- M.A. Project Management
- Ph.D. Organizational Behavior & Leadership (ABD)
- C.Ht Certified Hypnotherapist
Continuing Education Certifications & Diplomas
- Certification in Weight Loss and Hypnosis
- Past Life Regression Therapy Certified
- Certified Life and Goals Coach with Best Year Yet
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certified Therapeutic Imagery Facilitator
- Certification in Smoking Cessation
- PTSD Certified
- Tinnitus Certified
- Diploma in Depression Counseling
- Certified in Relationship Awareness Theory and the Strength Deployment Inventory
- DISC Certified behavioral counselor
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) qualified
- Diploma in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Practitioner Certificate
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Certificate
- Psychology and Therapy of Addictions Certificate
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner Certification
- Diploma in CBT for Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, and Panic Attacks
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Nutrition Therapy
- Certified Life Coach with Best Year Yet™
Why I became a hypnotherapist
I was drawn to hypnotherapy after nearly two decades as an professor and educator. While research and teaching remain a passion, I really wanted a way to make a bigger impact in the daily lives of others.
Two key things inspired me to transition from educator and coach to hypnotherapist:
First, my wife, a physician and natural healer. Her dedication to healing others, first as professor of medicine at USC and now in private practice, made clear the joy of really changing lives.
Second, after reading hundreds of research articles in the most respected journals, I became convinced of the power of hypnosis to change lives and wanted to be a part of the wellness revolution using a behavioral/psychological/spiritual approach that naturally suited both my education and personality. I became fascinated by the effectiveness of hypnosis in helping people heal faster, lose weight, change habits, and improve their lives quickly and deeply.
My philosophy in working with clients is driven by the ancient Greek philosophers who determined over 2,000 years ago that happiness (eudaimonia) is the ultimate goal of every human being. This is proven out through the simple exercise of asking why we do anything. If we continue to ask that question, it will always conclude with “to be happy.” Even more powerfully, there is no reason to be happy other than simply to be happy. Thus, it is the ultimate desire of all and I believe hypnotherapy is one tool to help people in that pursuit. In my training in Relationship Awareness Theory, Dr. Elias Porter reworded this ancient pursuit by stating that “We all do what we do in order to feel good about ourselves.” My desire is to help people to be happy, to feel good about themselves by working with the power of the subconscious mind using hypnotherapy.
The power of hypnosis is undisputed and I look forward to working with you on your path to healing and happiness.